||Rules and Guidelines
- Officials may only scratch schools.
- Officials may request to know which schools have scratched them from working their contests.
- The commissioner will make all contest assignments. No official may individually contract for any FHSAA contest.
- All Umpires shall contact the Referee at least 24 hours before a contest.
- It is mandatory that all individuals score a minimum of 75 on the state exam in that sport to be eligible to work varsity contests.
- Canceling or changing a contest by an official after the schedule is published will be subject to a re-assignment fee.
- Any official who violates the proper uniform requirements is subject to a fine.
- Allow two weeks for school payment before contacting the commissioner.
- Rules interpretation must come from the Sports Commissioner.
- No official shall publicly criticize a fellow official, coach, or player.
- Trouble of a serious nature (i.e. unsportsmanlike conduct fouls or ejections) shall be reported to the Commissioner within 12 hours.
- All officials will abide by any contract between a school/conference and the MCOA.
- All officials shall arrive at assigned contests at least 60 minutes before a varsity game and 15 minutes before any sub-varsity game.
- Each basketball official shall accomplish the following:
- Attend the state rules clinic.
- Take the supervised state rules exam.
- Attend the floor mechanics meeting, if asked.
Please see Section 1.600 - Rules of Conduct of the FHSAA Officials Guidebook © 1998-99 Edition.